Hello, Dr. Jon here to tell you a little more about myself. I graduated with a B.S. in Exercise Science from the University of Kansas before earning my Doctorate of Chiropractic from Cleveland University in Kansas City. Over the years I have coached and competed in Olympic Weightlifting, Powerlifting, and Strongman, and have also worked in the collegiate setting as a strength and conditioning coach. I have also attended several hundreds of hours in additional continuing education courses on a variety of manual therapy and rehabilitation techniques.
Knowledge of this variety of techniques allows me to use a larger framework for a better diagnosis and more effective treatments. This framework allows me to tailor your treatment to your own unique needs based on a multitude of factors from your injury history and physical assessment. Using this framework allows me to thoroughly assess your condition, classify the type of injury, and determine a plan for recovery using the most effective therapies and techniques.
In addition to helping you get rid of pain, I'm also interested in helping you improve your overall function as a human being. Function is a bit of a broad term, but I evaluate it as how you breathe, move, and stabilize your body while doing everyday tasks. When we optimize funcion, not only does pain (especially chronic pain) tend to subside, but you will generally feel better throughout the day and have a more solid base for improved performance and decreased future injury risk.
In my personal life I spend most of my time with my family, but I also make time for fly fishing, heavy squats, and motorcycle rides. I'm greatful for being a chiropractor in this community and I woud love to help you feel better, move better, and perform better!
- NBCE Board Cerfified Chiroprator
- NSCA Certified Personal Trainer
- USAW Sports Performance Coach
- ACE Personal Trainer Course Instructor (former)
- Kinetacore Funtional Dry Needling
- Functional Movement Systems (FMS)
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Integrative Neurologic Dry Needling
- Active Release Techniques (ART)
- Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehab (FAKTR)
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS)
- McKenzie (MDT)
- Motion Palpation Institute Certified (MPI)
- Neurodynamic Solutions (NDS)
- Fascial Manipulation